I specialize in researching your Lake and McHenry County Illinois ancestors. I also give one-on-one consultations and will help you organize your genealogy research.
Education and Experience
- 32 years researching for myself and others.
- Library/Media Technical Degree
- Certificate in Basic American Genealogy from the National Genealogy Society.
- 20 year working in a library setting helping patron’s with genealogy research.
- 4 years teaching genealogy classes.
- Volunteer work for various genealogy societies and the Family History Library in Utah.
- Member of the Association of Professional Genealogist
- Member of the Lake County Illinois Genealogical Society
I offer the following classes for groups or individuals.
Start Right: How to begin tracing your ancestors.
- This class will cover the very basics of genealogy. You will learn about forms and charts, family sources, compiled sources, vital records, census records, and organizing your research.
Genealogy: Beyond the basics
- This class will continue on from Start Right – How to begin tracing your ancestors and will go beyond the basics. It is recommended that you take the first class or already have some knowledge of genealogy. You will learn about church records, cemetery and burial records, probate and wills, land records, naturalization records, ship records, and military records.
- This class will cover Internet sources for tracing your ancestors. You will learn about FamilySearch, Ancestry, Cyndi’s List, Ellis Island, Rootsweb, and more. It is recommended that you have the basic knowledge of genealogy and genealogy terms. This class is a demonstration of online sources, it is not hands-on.
Genealogy: Myths and Legends
- Are the stories Grandma and Grandpa told true? Do you think you can find everything about your family history on the Internet? If so, think again. Come and learn about common genealogical myths and legends that can lead you astray
If interested in research or classes, please contact me at email@example.com