I always enjoy reading her blog and her grandmother’s journal entries. Interesting to read what someone was doing 100 years ago. This is a must read blog!
Originally posted on A Hundred Years Ago:
17-year-old Helena Muffly wrote exactly 100 years ago today:
Wednesday, February 26, 1913: We practiced tonight.
Her middle-aged granddaughter’s comments 100 years later:
Grandma was referring to play practice. She had the role of Chloe, the servant, in the class play.
Here’s my best guess as to what Grandma’s schedule looked like on this date a hundred years ago:
- It was probably still dark when Grandma got up and dressed in work clothes.
- Went to the barn to feed and milk the cows.
- Came back to the house, ate a quick breakfast, and changed into school clothes.
- Walked 1 1/2 miles to McEwensville.
- Attended school.
- Walked 1 1/2 miles home after school.
- Grabbed a quick snack—and changed into work clothes.
- Went to the barn to do the evening chores (clean the cow stalls, feed cows, milk cows). She may have also…
View original 130 more words